A remodeled kitchen is so much more than an expense. It is an investment that will pay you back in many ways. Not only will it improve your own enjoyment, a well-done kitchen remodel will most definitely increase the value of your home. You will also be able to recoup the majority, if not more than the cost when it comes time to sell.
Almost any realtor will tell you that the kitchen is the single most important room when re-selling a home. “A kitchen is key because the kitchen is at the center of our lives and a place where we spend a good amount of time. When home buyers are shopping, they will often forgive a few fix-up items here and there, but a well-designed kitchen will often seal the deal.”
According to an article on the website of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, “Kitchens are the core of our command centers. They need to be both practical and efficient. Kitchens must have a sense of style, as well as function. Kitchens make a strong lifestyle statement.”
Before you begin making choices of which upgrades you want to include in your remodel project, you need to determine what is the most important thing to you: a strong return on investment or the kitchen of your dreams? It’s not to say that you can’t have both, but there are instances where you will have to choose whether you want to make yourself happier than your pocketbook, so it’s wise to know in advance what your preference is.
Here are some kitchen remodeling ideas that many South Sound homebuyers will be impressed with:
- Stick with timelss designs and color schemes. Opt for high-quality materials. They may cost more upfront, but they will undoubtedly be worth the expense when it comes time to sell.
- Stainless steel appliances are always a wise investment. They are timeless, neutral and add instant value.
- Quartz counter tops are almost a requirement in todays market. Not only are the beautiful, they do not require resealing, nor do they stain like granite.
- Solid wood cabinet doors and drawer fronts are a feature that most homebuyers look for. If your cabinets are in terrible condition or extremely outdated, many homebuyers won't give your home a second thought because they just see a lot of work.
- Another huge selling factor is energy efficiency, so making small changes like installing LED under-counter lighting or upgrading to more efficient windows are smart choices for kitchen remodeling.
Stop in or call to set up a one on one appointment with one of our experts. Ron Bates and his team have over 40 combined years of kitchen design and remodel experience.