Now, is the time to begin to prepare for the very first day, work will begin on your project.
Our many years of experience in home remodeling have proven to us that a well prepared and well informed customer is a happy customer.
Will you be ready for us? Below is a list to begin considering to help you be prepared.
- Any demolition tear out or prep work you are doing is completed
- Items you want saved (such as light fixtures, garbage disposals, cabinets) are clearly marked “SAVE”
- All personal items & furnishings have been removed from room(s) work will take place in
- All furnishings & décor has been moved away & protected from the entrance into the home we will use. WE NEED WIDE ACCESS!
- You have moved or protected furnishings in adjoining areas that may be exposed to small amounts of construction dust.
- Your home will need to be accessible to us between 8AM and 4PM each work day from the first to the last day of completion of work.A realtor type lock box will be provided at your request.
- You have cleared an area (usually in a garage) as a staging area for the new materials to be staged in prior installation.
- Any new lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, appliances, need to be available on the first day work begins.
- Clear access to electrical panel & water shut off have been made (if applicable)
- We encourage recycling of old appliances and cabinets, as much as possible.Arrangements need to be made between you and the group that you are donating these materials to before the day of the tear out.
- If you will be doing your own painting, this will typically happen after sheetrock work and prior installation of cabinets. Close contact with our project scheduler, will help avoid delays of progressing with our work before and after painting.
- Arrangements are in place to keep pets & small children out of rooms & access areas to project, for their protection.
Our customers are our biggest assets. It is our ultimate goal to end each project with completely satisfied customers. Even though the above information addresses just a small part of the remodel process, we hope that it helps you by allowing you to prepare in advance and avoid rushing the first day materials are delivered or work begins in your home.